PART-TIME ART HANDLER & OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
Justin Gaffrey Gallery
Posted December 19, 2022
Santa Rosa Beach, FL.
Justin Gaffrey Gallery is seeking a part-time art handler & operations associate. In this position, you will be responsible for the safe transportation and management of all artworks and art materials to and from our 30A Gallery. You will be responsible for maintaining the gallery and grounds, and working on a variety of short and long-term operations projects assigned by the artist and the director.
The art handler for Justin Gaffrey Gallery must be organized, communicative, social, and friendly- you will represent the gallery in clients’ homes, at events, and in professional environments. Heavy labor and handyman skills are a must. This position has the possibility of growing into a full-time role if we find the right person. We look forward to learning about the unique experience and talents that you can bring to the Justin Gaffrey team.
- Organized and proactive- must have the ability to manage multiple short and long-term projects
- Interested in learning new things, self-starter
- Communicative with team and clients, able to create a seamless art handling experience
- Proactive and innovative mindset, contributing new ideas and projects to the team
- Passionate and curious about the arts
- Technologically proficient, ability to manage use of a variety of technologies and programs
- Social, good-attitude, friendly with team and clients
- Ensure the successful management of the Gallery’s shipment program- work with sales team to ensure timely shipments and deliveries on a weekly basis
- Communicate with clients about their shipments and deliveries- managing multiple communications platforms with ease
- Attention to detail, keeping the gallery, paintings, and grounds organized and clean
- Rotate and hang exhibitions throughout the gallery and at secondary locations, keeping gallery walls patched and a painted, properly assign and manage lighting
- Manage remote stock of paintings organized and properly stored
- Help set up and breakdown local and remote events
- Order and organize gallery and art handling supplies
- Assist a variety of special projects, tbd short-term and long-term
To Apply- Email a statement of interest to Rebecca@Justingaffrey.com, please introduce yourself and describe why you think you’d be a good fit for the Justin Gaffrey team; include a resume with job/skills experience and references. Can't wait to meet you!